Once a man is invited to join Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity by receiving a bid, he becomes a “candidate” member. Many fraternities still refer to this as “pledging” a fraternity, thus being called “pledges”.
The following fees and expenses apply to new pledges of Pi Delta Chapter in Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity:
- Candidate Fee - $90.00 - (Due within 14 days of bid acceptance – payable to TKE HQ)
- Initiation Fee - $ 220.00 - (Due prior to initiation into the fraternity – payable to TKE HQ)
- New Pledge Member Dues - $200.00 - (Due to the chapter during semester of pledging – includes some new member material)
If a new candidate member chooses to pay the entire $650.00 up front after receiving his bid, he will receive a 5% discount.
(Note: The candidate period, also known as pledge training, generally lasts 8 -10 weeks with initiation following. For Fall Semester, initiation generally occurs prior to the Holiday break, and Spring Semester initiation occurs prior to finals)
- Member dues - $650.00 - (Per Fall and Spring semesters – 5% discount if paid in full by end of first month of semester)
- Annual Membership Fees to TKE International HQ - $150.00 per man, however are paid through chapter funds.
There will be occasional expenses that each member will incur throughout the school year, semi-formals and our annual Red Carnation Ball (formal).